It helps to start by imitating different designs you encounter.
You can find design ideas everywhere!
- The Henna Design Gallery section of our henna help site has HUNDREDS of henna design pictures! Get inspired!
- Our FaceBook Page has a ton of henna design pictures too. While on FaceBook make friends with other henna artists.
- Purchase henna design eBooks! There is a great selection of henna eBooks at Beachcombers, but there are others out there. Look around and find them.
- Check out Google Images for ideas. Looking for a butterfly? Google butterfly and take a look at the images. You'll get a ton of ideas this way!
- Get inspired by everyday items around you. Jewelry, bedding, clothing, candle holders...you get the idea.
With some practice you will find that you start pairing henna elements on your own. Before long you will have developed your own unique henna style!
Remember to take pictures of your work when you can. You'll be able to see how much better you are getting and you'll remember different designs you've done in the past.
Get started! Build that henna vocabulary!
Purchase henna design idea eBooks here.